Universal Wallet update required us to make significant changes in the Trust Wallet application. Please review them to understand the direction Trust is going in this article. To regain access to some of the features of Trust Wallet (after the update), please follow the steps below.
1) Create or Import a Universal Wallet (multi-coin wallet). Go to "settings" - "wallets" and press the "+" sign in the top right corner. This wallet will be used to store ALL currently supported networks - ETH, ETC, POA, CLO, and future BTC, EOS and NEO when supported. Make sure you backup your mnemonic phrase in multiple locations! It is the only way to regain access to your funds or to restore wallet on other devices.
For those who already had POA or POA Network tokens in one or more legacy wallets before the Universal Wallet upgrade, the following additional steps explain how to use your private key (or keys if you had multiple wallets) from the existing ETH wallet(s) on your Trust Wallet App to regain access to POA Network.
2) Go to "settings" - click "wallets".
3) Click on your ETH wallet. NOTE: during the Universal Wallet upgrade the ETH wallet was automatically created for all of your pre-update wallets, but you need to re-import your private key to get access to other networks. Do not worry, your ETC, POA, CLO are safe.
4) Please select “Export Private Key” option, and then click "copy".
5) Go back to "settings", press "wallets" and then click the "+" sign in the top right corner.
6) Select the POA Network from the list.
7) Choose the "Private Key" option on the screen.
8) Paste the Private Key in the field (you should have it copied still), and Click Import
Congratulations, your POA Network wallet has been rebuilt using the same address you are used to using, with your POA and POA Network tokens are inside. Please make sure rename your wallet for reference. If you happened to have POA or POA tokens in more than one wallet prior to the upgrade, repeat preceding steps 2 - 7 for each wallet that contained POA or POA Tokens.
These steps can also be used to regain access to your ETC or CLO Tokens if you had tokens in our wallets before the upgrade. If you have any additional questions, please send us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org