Trust Wallet is open source, secure, easy to use, and compatible with different operating systems. It’s a mobile app, which means you can carry it around and use it anywhere, anytime..
Why is it secure?
- We provide a codebase that is open source and audited by the community of security experts.
- We leverage industry-leading security features found in modern smartphones to ensure your wallet is safe at all times. We only store private keys locally.
- We allow for the wallet to be easily recovered from a backup that can be stored digitally or on paper.
- We never access our users’ wallets.
- We never ask for or require any personal information.
- We offer a client-side security model with private keys hosted locally.
- We focus on building simple to use, intuitive interfaces.
- We use commonly accepted and recognized standards to ensure that keys can be used with other services.
Open source mentality
- Full transparency: You can view the source code and see how we handle data on the client side. We do not store any private information
- Source code is open on iOS and closed on Android (why? - https://medium.com/@trustwallet/why-open-sourcing-android-app-could-be-a-harm-to-the-crypto-community-fb3ae1707dc6). Here is the Github for Trust code https://github.com/TrustWallet/trust-wallet-ios